Saturday, January 8, 2011

Inspiration

I've semi-retired my old blog and have decided to focus on this one. My friend Joy inspired me to create a blog all about my cooking and baking adventures. I'm a working mom, who just started back after a brief hiatus. My specialty? Cooking and baking on the weekend for family meals each week. I cook and bake like crazy on Sunday using crock pots, etc. I never do anything too complicated..but my family always has delicious food to eat during the week and my freezer is always full of the overflow. And, oddly enough, this is what I do to unwind. I know it seems a little nutty but this is my hobby.

Too often, families turn to fast food and restaurants to nourish their families. And hey, if that is what you like - go for it. We still do it on occasion. But my greatest satisfaction is in nourishing and nurturing my family and friends with delicious and (mostly) healthy food. It's how I express my love. Join me on this adventure and I will give tips and tricks to fellow moms and dads, busy professionals...really anyone looking to be more domestic. If you are interested in learning more about how to be more domestic, with limited time....stick around! You will enjoy! I will have other tips that are not cooking related, though that is my passion.

Let's get started!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you starting this new blog! I look forward to reading your recipes. With my men folk on such different schedules, feeding them is often easier if I just get take out. I like the idea of weekend prep.

    (I did the whole move/start a new blog too.)

    ReplyDelete